Sunday, April 8, 2012

Creative Lesson Plan


As mentioned in the previous blog post, all of the Literature lessons are used for project work. I have not had any creative lessons that I could share. However, teaching of PEE using comics could be my most creative lesson as it was the only teaching period that I had since the start of practicum. The comic strip (from Baby Blues) shows a conversation between Zoe and her mother, and I asked the students to contribute adjectives to describe Zoe’s character. Using one of the adjectives that most of the students could agree on, I continued to model the writing process by asking them to pick out the examples and to elaborate on the point. However, the difficulty that I had in preparing for this lesson is to find a comic strip that has examples and sufficient information that can be used to elaborate on the point. I felt that this was effective as the students were able to write their own paragraph at the end of the lesson. 

1 comment: